Elvis BurgerFrom capedread 6 years ago
- 1 dried red chilli shopping list
- • 1/2 a red onion, peeled and finely chopped shopping list
- • a sprig of fresh tarragon, leaves picked and chopped shopping list
- • 1 large egg shopping list
- • a handful of breadcrumbs shopping list
- • 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard shopping list
- • 2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan shopping list
- • a good pinch of ground nutmeg shopping list
- • 2lbs beef mince shopping list
- oil, for frying shopping list
- • salt and freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- lettuce shopping list
- tomato slices shopping list
- 4 large rolls or baps shopping list
- slices of gherkin shopping list
How to make it
- Grind up the red chilli in a pestle and mortar
- mix it in a bowl with the onion, tarragon, egg, breadcrumbs, mustard, Parmesan, nutmeg and beef.
- Shape into four patties and refrigerate for half an hour or so to give them a chance to firm up slightly.
- When you're ready to cook the burgers, get a frying or griddle pan nice and hot. Brush the pan with a little oil, season the burgers generously with salt and pepper, and cook them for 10 minutes, turning them carefully every minute or so, until they're nice and pink and juicy, or longer if you like them well done. Make sure they don't break up as you turn them.