White Bean Chicken ChiliFrom ib4doc 8 years ago
- 1 medium onion shopping list
- 2 ribs of celery shopping list
- 1 large carrot shopping list
- 1 tablespoon Serachi or your favorite hot sauce shopping list
- 1 chipotle pepper (optional) shopping list
- olive oil shopping list
- 1 quart of chicken stock shopping list
- 1 tablespon thyme shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- I pound of rinsed and cleaned white beans (Navy or great northern) shopping list
- 8 chicken thighs shopping list
How to make it
- The night before, place the chicken into a large zip top bag, add the thyme and enough olive oil to coat everything. Add salt and pepper to taste. Refrigerate overnight.
- Day of service, dice the onion, celery and carrot and sweat the mixture in a heavy pan or dutch oven until transluscent.
- Add the beans, chipotle and the hot sauce and stir to coat everything.
- Cover the beans with chicken stock and simmer until tender.
- Remove the chicken thighs from the refrigerator at least one hour before cooking to allow the meat to come to room temperature.
- On a medium hot grill, cook the thighs until the meat is tender.
- Remove the skin and return it to the grill until it is super crunchy.
- Pull the meat from the thighs and add it to the bean mixture once the beans are tender.
- Serve with "cracklins: (the crispy skin) crumbled on top, some chopped onion and more hot sauce.
The Cookib4doc Ormond Beach, FL
- Not added to any groups yet!