Dunkin Doughnuts Vanilla Frosting FilledFrom henrie 6 years ago
- 1 pkg. regular or quick-acting yeast shopping list
- 1/8 cup warm water (105-115 degrees) shopping list
- 3/4 cup lukewarm milk(scalded then cooled) shopping list
- 1/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1/6 cup shortening shopping list
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- frosting shopping list
- 1/4 cup solid vegetable shortening shopping list
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. clear vanilla extract shopping list
- 2 cups sifted confectioners sugar shopping list
- 1 tbsp. milk shopping list
How to make it
- Cream butter and shortening, gradually add sugar 1/2 cup at a time. Add milk and vanilla, beat until light and fluffy. Will keep for 2 weeks in airtight, refrigerated container.
- Fills: 12 doughnuts
- Dissolve yeast in warm water in mixing bowl.
- Add milk, sugar, salt, egg, shortening and 1 cup of flour. Beat on low speed scraping bowl constantly, 30 seconds. Beat on medium speed, scraping bowl occasionally, 2 minutes. Stir in
- remaining flour until smooth.
- Cover and let rise in warm place until double, approximately 50-60 minutes.
- Turn dough onto floured surface. Roll dough 1/2-inch thick. Cut with round cookie cutter. Cover and let rise on floured baking
- sheets until double, 30-40 minutes.
- Heat vegetable oil in deep fryer or Dutch oven to 350. Slide doughnuts into hot oil. Turn doughnuts as they turn golden
- brown, about one minute on each side. Remove carefully from oil (do not prick surfaces) and drain.
- When cool, make small hole to insert vanilla frosting.
- Take a sharp narrow knife and carefully make a large cavity inside of the doughnut to hold the frosting. Fill the doughnuts
- generously with vanilla frosting and dust heavily with powdered sugar.
- Makes: 12 doughnuts
People Who Like This Dish 21
The Cookhenrie Savannah, GA
The Rating5 people
OMG - and I thought all your other recipes were perfect... now we're talking and I mean really talking... tis my ultimate favorite doughnut those creme filled ones... I only "allow" myself one visit per year - since I must eat 2 per the one visit......moredivaliscious in Dutchess County loved it
Im in trouble too..I love Duncan doughnuts..we don't have any around here..soooo I know what Im making asap!! My thighs and butt thank you! Michellemichellem in Idaho loved it
Yep another winner! got my 5shirleyoma in Cove loved it