Banana Cake With Cream Cheese FrostingFrom girlieerin 6 years ago
- Best Ever banana cake (Slightly altered. The original recipe may be found at Recipezaar) shopping list
- 3/4 cup butter shopping list
- 2 1/4 cups sugar shopping list
- 3 large eggs shopping list
- 2 teaspoons vanilla shopping list
- 3 cups flour shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon shopping list
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk shopping list
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups mashed ripe bananas shopping list
- cream cheese frosting shopping list
- 1/2 cup butter, softened shopping list
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened shopping list
- 2 cups icing sugar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla shopping list
- Chopped walnuts shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 275.°
- Grease and flour a 9 x 13 pan.
- In a small bowl, mix mashed banana with the lemon juice; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix flour, baking soda, spices, and salt; set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time, then stir in 2 tsp vanilla.
- Beat in the flour mixture alternately with the buttermilk.
- Stir in banana mixture.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake in preheated oven for one hour (Note: My cake took almost 90 minutes to bake) or until toothpick inserted in centre comes out clean.
- For the Cream Cheese Frosting:
- Cream the butter and cream cheese until smooth.
- Beat in 1 tsp vanilla.
- Add icing sugar and beat on low speed until combined, then on high speed until frosting is smooth.
- Spread on cooled cake. Sprinkle chopped walnuts over top of the frosting, if desired.
People Who Like This Dish 18
The Cookgirlieerin Cambridge, MA
The Rating5 people
I also found this recipe on recipezaar and made it the same way you did. It was to die for. I left out the freezer step because my freezer was full and I didn't think it was necessary. Thanks for posting your version. :)angelgirl94 in Reidsville loved it
Okay guess I know what to do with my over ripe banana's sitting on the bar. Great post. Thanks came in right on time.henrie in Savannah loved it
mmmm...sounds delicious!magali777 in Mexico loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!