Hamburger Steaks with Mushroom GravyFrom bluewaterandsand 8 years ago
- 1 to 1 1/4 pounds extra lean ground beef shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt shopping list
- 3 tablespoons fine dry bread crumbs shopping list
- 2 tablespoons milk shopping list
- 1 large egg, slightly beaten shopping list
- 2 tablespoons grated onion shopping list
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil shopping list
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup thinly sliced mushrooms shopping list
- 2 tablespoons flour shopping list
- 1 cup beef broth shopping list
- 1 tablespoon dry red wine, optional shopping list
How to make it
- Combine ground beef, pepper, salt, seasoned salt, and bread crumbs. Shape into 4 oval patties.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat; fry the
- patties for about 5 minutes on each side, or until cooked through.
- Remove patties to warm plate and keep warm.
- Pour off all but about 2 tablespoons of the drippings. Add mushrooms to the drippings and cook until tender. Add flour to the skillet; stir until hot and bubbly. Add the beef broth and wine, if using; cook, stirring, until the sauce is thickened. Pour over the steaks.