Rolled Orange Sponge CakeFrom chefmeow 7 years ago
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar shopping list
- 4 large eggs separated shopping list
- 3 egg whites at room temperature shopping list
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 2 tablespoons finely grated orange zest shopping list
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 cup minus 1 tablespoon sifted cake flour shopping list
- 3/4 cup orange spreadable fruit shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 then line jelly roll pan with wax paper.
- Dust clean dish towel with 1 tablespoon of the confectioners' sugar then set aside.
- Beat all 7 egg white with mixer on medium until soft peaks form then set aside.
- Beat egg yolks with whisk until thick then gradually beat in sugar beating until thick and light.
- Add orange zest, lemon juice and salt then beat well to combine.
- Gradually stir in cake flour mixing well.
- Stir one-fourth of the beaten egg whites into batter then fold in remaining whites.
- Spread batter evenly into prepared pan and bake 15 minutes.
- Insert knife around edge of pan and invert cake into prepared dish towel.
- Peel paper off cake then starting at narrow end roll cake up with towel.
- Transfer rolled cake to rack and let cool then unroll cake removing towel.
- Evenly spread fruit over cake then reroll.
- Arrange cake seam side down on serving platter and sprinkle with remaining powdered sugar.