Sausage With PotatoesFrom chefmeow 8 years ago
- 2 pounds yukon gold potatoes shopping list
- 3 bell peppers assorted colors shopping list
- 1 medium white onion shopping list
- 2-1/2 pounds sweet mild Italian sausage shopping list
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups dry red wine shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Peel potatoes and cut into strips about 3" long and 1/2" thick.
- Place in bowl with just enough cold water to cover then set aside to soak.
- Seed peppers and cut into pieces 2" long and 1" wide.
- Peel onion then slice it fairly thin and separate into rings.
- Arrange sausage in a coil in center of a large roasting pan.
- Drain potatoes and place them on either side of the sausage.
- Arrange peppers and onion rings on top of potatoes then drizzle olive oil over vegetables.
- Season with salt and pepper then roast 20 for 20 minutes.
- Pour wine over sausage and vegetables then turn vegetables.
- Using a metal spatula carefully loosen any potatoes that may have stuck to the bottom of pan.
- Roast 40 minutes longer then sprinkle with oregano and serve.
People Who Like This Dish 16
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
The Rating5 people
Great recipe, interesting combination of flvaors. Definitly sounds good!!asheats in BIG BEAR LAKE loved it
yummmmmmmmm i likeminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
I substituted with Beef sausages, carrots instead of pepper and I didn't have any wine :(. Otherwise followed the recipe, was very good and will definately make again. Kids loved it.katethirtynine in Whereabouts loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!