Red Pesto Sauce - Joy Of CookingFrom pat2me 5 years ago
- First shopping list
- 1/3 Cup chopped, drained, water packed Sun dried tomatoes shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, peeled (or to taste) shopping list
- 6 freash basil leaves shopping list
- Second shopping list
- 1 Large garlic clove peeled shopping list
- 1 Cup packed fresh basil leaves shopping list
- 1/4 C EVOO shopping list
- 1/3 C parmesan cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Combine in a sauce pan with enough water to just cover, bring the first three ingredients to a boil, remove from heat, let stand for 20 minutes
- With a pprocessor or blender running, drop through the shoot the next four ingredients
- Drain the tomato mixture, add to the processor or blender and finely chop
- Salt and pepper to taste
- At this point it is ready to use on bruschetta, pizza or a meat accompaniment.
- If using as pasta sauce, thin with 1/2 cup or reserved pasta cooking water, otherwise add hot water to thin to desired consistency.
- Servings given are for sauce enough for 1 lb of pasta
The Cookpat2me Nashua, NH
The Rating3 people
- Not added to any groups yet!