Overnight Sausage StrataFrom tnacndn 10 years ago
How to make it
- Cook sausage and onion in 10-inch skillet over medium heat until sausage is browned (3 to 5 minutes).
- Drain off fat, if necessary.
- Stir sausage mixture and bread cubes together in large bowl. Place into ungreased 9 x 13 baking dish, set aside.
- Combine half & half, Butter and eggs in a bowl.
- Beat at medium speed until well mixed (1 minute).
- Pour egg mixture evenly over bread mixture in baking dish. Sprinkle cheese evenly on top, if using.
- Cover tightly; refrigerate overnight.
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Uncover; bake for 40 to 50 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean and cheese is browned. Cover the last 20 minutes to avoid it getting too brown..
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
The Cooktnacndn Jasper, TN
The Rating10 people
Cookin Moms348 members
I Like Food83 members
Comfort Foods775 members
The Breakfast Club442 members
Southern Essentials226 members
Southern Cooks561 members
Good Down Home Southern Food196 members
Fall Dishes39 members
Winter Dishes56 members
Easy Tastebud Delights43 members