Chicken Sweet And SourFrom watson2167 6 years ago
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breast shopping list
- 1 beaten egg shopping list
- vegetable oil for deep fried shopping list
- 1 can pineapple chunks, undrained shopping list
- 2 medium fresh ginger sliced shopping list
- 1/2 of onion medium sliced shopping list
- 2 dried red pepper shopping list
- 1 med. green or red bell pepper, cut into 1 inch squares shopping list
- 2-3 drops of red food coloring shopping list
- 3/4 cup cornstarch mix in water shopping list
- 1/2 cup of cornstarch of coated shopping list
- 1/3 cup sugar shopping list
- 3 glove of garlic whole shopping list
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar or red wine vinegar shopping list
- 2 pinches of salt shopping list
How to make it
- Cut chicken into bite size pieces. Dip in egg; roll in cornstarch and fry in hot oil. Cook until golden brown, drain on paper towel. When done, arrange on serving plate while waiting for sauce.
- In a medium size pot add water onion and bell pepper bring to boil. Reduce heat, cover, cook until peppers and onion are crisp-tender. Removed and drained. Set aside.
- FOR SAUCE: In a medium size pan add water to measure 11/2 cup. Add dried red pepper, garlic and ginger, bring to boil for about 5-6 mintues for fregant. Removed red pepper, garlic and ginger from boiling water. Stir in sugar, salt and vinegar. Heat to boiling until sugar dissolves. Stir in cornstarch a little at a time for thickness.
- When done, arrange cooked vegetable and pineapple chucks on top of chicken and pour sauce over as much as desire. ENJOY..
The Cookwatson2167 Las Vegas, NV
- Not added to any groups yet!