Ranch PotatoesFrom annieamie 8 years ago
- 4 large russet or red potatoes, cut into large chunks with or without the skin shopping list
- 1 cup of sour cream shopping list
- 1 stick of regular butter at room temperature shopping list
- 1 -2 bundles of chives or scallions, finely chopped shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- oil for frying (I use veg. oil or corn oil) shopping list
How to make it
- Heat your oil in a large wok or frypan.
- Fry the potatoes until they are golden brown in color.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place in a warm oven while making the topping or make the topping ahead!
- Mix the butter, sour cream and chives.
- Remove potatoes from oven.
- Place approximately 1/4 of the potatoes in a pile on each serving dish and top with approximately 1/4 cup of topping mix directly on top of the potatoes.
- -Low Fat Version-
- -Sprinkle some olive oil or spray a large baking sheet with a non-stick spray or use a silicon baking mat OR the Release aluminum foil and place your potatoes on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 40 minutes at 375 or until potatoes are crisp.
- Using a low fat sour cream and low fat margarine spread, mix with chopped chives or scallions.
- Follow the instructions above before serving. (You can use your salt-free seasoning mix over the potatoes for fuller flavor.)