GRANDMAS BEEF STEWFrom magpieno6 6 years ago
- 2 lb. Braising steak shopping list
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 oz butter shopping list
- 2 large onions , Sliced shopping list
- 1 red pepper, sliced shopping list
- 1/2 lb. baby turnips, trimmed and sliced shopping list
- 1 lb. carrots, sliced shopping list
- 4 oz/ celery, sliced shopping list
- 4 oz. frozen peas shopping list
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley Stalks shopping list
- 2 bay leaves, crumbled shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. ground mixed spices shopping list
- 2 tbsp of wine vinegar shopping list
- 3/4 pint of beef stock shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- 8 oz. Brussel Sprouts shopping list
How to make it
- Trim Meat and cut into cubes, Heat oil i n a large pan and brown meat. remove with slotted spoon and reserve
- Add butter to oil and fry Onions till soft. add sliced pepper and continue to fry fo 11 minute more.
- Stir in |Turnips, carrots, celery, lower heat and cook , covered for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally
- Put meat into large oven casserole. Add Onions, Peppers. Turnips, Carrots and Celery. then sir in Peas, herbs, spices, vinegar and stock.
- Season and cook covered, in oven , for 2.1/4 hours at Gas marked 3.
- Add Sprouts to Casserole 10 minuttes before end of cooking time.
- This meal is good served with creamed potatoes or crusty bread.
- Calories per serving 575.
- This meal can be prepared and left in the oven whilst you are occupied elsewhere, as it will not spol, even if left for longer.