Jetts Award Winning Apple PieFrom jett2whit 6 years ago
- 1/2 Cup unsalted butter shopping list
- 3 Tablespoons Gold Medal All Purpose Flour shopping list
- 1/4 Cup apple juice shopping list
- 1/2 Cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 1/2 Cup light brown sugar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla shopping list
- 6 granny smith apples, peeled, cored and sliced thin shopping list
- lemon juice shopping list
- *Mama's Easy pie crust Recipe shopping list
How to make it
- Have your pie crust ready first. See Mama's Easy Pie Crust.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.(220 degrees C).
- Melt butter in large saucepan.
- Stir in flour to make a paste. Add apple juice, white sugar and brown sugar; bring to a boil.
- Reduce temperature and let simmer for about 2 minutes or so.
- Add vanilla & cinnamon to the mixture.
- If you have cut or sliced the apples, cover them with lemon juice so they won't turn brown.
- Toss them around with the lemon juice in a bowl to cover evenly. Add the apples to the butter mixture in the saucepan.
- Have your crust ready in the pie pan. It's a good idea to put this pie on a cookie sheet lined with foil or parchment paper since the pie could bubble over in the oven.
- Carefully put the apples in the pie crust lined pan. You could put a lattice top over the pie or cut out cute shapes with a cookie cutter to place over the apples.
- Whatever you feel like placing on top of pie.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes.
- Reduce temperature to 350 degrees F. (175 degrees C) Continue to bake for 45 minutes, sheilding pie after 10 minutes .. so it doesn't get too brown around the edges.
The Cookjett2whit Union City, GA
The Rating7 people
I like the apple juice addition - this sounds sooooo good...thanks for sharing it with us (and I have to check out your pie crust recipe now, as I'm trying to learn to make my own instead of always using the refrigerator crusts...nothing like homemad...more
I made this today, with Jett's pie crust recipe, and all I can say is: MAKE THIS AS SOON AS POSSIBLE! Oh my goodness - the combo of white and brown sugar gave the filling an almost caramel like taste, the apple juice sweetened it up even more, and ...more
I posted the picture for you Jett - I warned you that I had some "difficulties" getting the top crust on (it tore)...hey, I'm still learning this whole homemade pie crust thing...and FYI, your pie crust held up BEAUTIFULLY on day 2 (my true test of a...more
The Holiday Dessert Table124 members
Checkin Central283 members
Sugar N Spice N Everything Nice77 members
Pie Lovers Of The World106 members
An Apple A Day30 members
TRAILER PARK BRAWLERS49 members
Sugar From Mama13 members
The Way To A Mans Heart61 members
Heirloom Recipes98 members
Little Rascals Favorites52 members