Potato Pancakes With Scallion Lemon Sour CreamFrom cathyp 6 years ago
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1 18 oz pkg shredded potatoes shopping list
- 1/2 large onion, grated shopping list
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon shopping list
- 1/2 cup flat leaf parsley shopping list
- 3 Tbsp all purpose flour shopping list
- salt shopping list
- pepper shopping list
- vegetable oil for frying shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream shopping list
- 5 scallions, thinly sliced shopping list
How to make it
- Crack the egg into a bowl and beat it with a fork.
- Squeeze excess liquid from the potatoes and then add them to the bowl along with the grated onions, lemon zest parsley and flour.
- Season the potatoes with some salt and pepper and combine them thoroughly.
- Preheat a large skillet with about 1/4 inch of vegetable oil over medium high heat.
- Working in batches and using a large spoonful of the potatoe mixture for each potato cake, make three for four 3 inch cakes in the skillet.
- Cook cakes for 3 to 4 minutes on each side, until they are golden brown and cooked through.
- Transfer the cooked pancakes to a paper towel lined plate to drain and sprinkle them with a little salt while they are still piping hot.
- Repeat the process until the potato mixture is gone, makeing 12 pancakes.
- While the potato cakes are cooking, throw together the scallion lemon sour cream.
- In a bowl, combine the sour cream, lemon juice, sliced scallions and a little salt and pepper.
- Serve each pancake with a small dollop of the scallion lemon sour cream.