Enchilada TorpedoesFrom chefmal 9 years ago
- 5 round flour tortillas shopping list
- 1 cup heavy cream, Half n Half or milk (Though heavy cream works best) shopping list
- 1/2 small onion, chopped shopping list
- 1/2 green bell pepper, seeded and devained (leftovers from Kelsey's stuffed mushrooms that I helped myself to. lol) OR a small can of green chilis. shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups of leftover Chili shopping list
- Whatever shredded cheese you may have in the house; anything works with this. I used Mozarella, my soon-to-be Stepmother uses Cheddar or Swiss. shopping list
- chili powder, Ciliantro, garlic powder, pepper, to taste shopping list
- Frank's Red Hot cayenne pepper sauce shopping list
- ranch dressing or sour cream for dipping shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven at 400F.
- Heat the cream in a frying pan over a very low flame.
- Toss the tortillas in, coating each side for no longer than a solid minute, or they will fall apart.
- Put the soaked tortillas on a plate and line with chili, onions, peppers, and a few dashes of Frank's Red Hot.
- Close and place face-down (to keep closed) in a baking tin, or glass baking dish.
- When you no longer need the cream, dump it inside the baking dish/tin to coat the enchiladas.
- Top them liberally with cheese, then the herbs and spices.
- Bake for 10 minutes, remove the enchiladas with spatula onto plate, douse with more Frank's, and use either Ranch dressing or Sour Cream to dip in.
- ***WARNING*** You will be armed and dangerous after eating these, so do not eat right before bed. And do yourself a favor, stay within the vicinity of a bathroom for the next 20 minutes, and you'll soon understand why I've named these "Torpedoes".
The Cookchefmal Bronx, NY
- Not added to any groups yet!