Tomato SauceFrom borinda 8 years ago
- 56 ounces of Italian crushed tomatoes shopping list
- 24 ounces of tomato paste shopping list
- fill the crushed tomato cans with water shopping list
- 1/4 ( more if need) extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 2 large cloves of garlic, or three medium ones shopping list
- 1/2 tsp dried red pepper shopping list
- 2 Tbsp kosher salt shopping list
- 3/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 tsp freshly ground pepper shopping list
- 1 bunch basil leaves, about 1 cup off their stems, halved shopping list
- 2 ounces grated romano cheese shopping list
How to make it
- In a stockpot simmer the garlic and the dried pepper in the olive oil. Add a bit if needed to keep them moist and not brown, simmer for about 4 minutes.
- Pour in the tomatoes, tomato paste, water, salt, pepper, sugar, and the basil.
- Heat to a boil and then turn down to slow simmer
- Sprinkle the cheese in and stir well so it melts as you stir instead of just sinking to the bottom and sticking to the pot.
- Stir this often.
- This will cook down and reduce.
- This freezes well, if it lasts that long.
People Who Like This Dish 21
The Cookborinda SoCal, CA
The Rating3 people
Looks wonderful!pleclare in Framingham loved it
How long do you let it reduce down? I have made some Meatballs for Lasagne by Twohot to go into the sauce to cook.pointsevenout in Athens loved it
Let's see if I can get you a picture in here. Meatballs cooking in your Tomato Sauce:Might have to dip some of the sauce out for another look.pointsevenout in Athens loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!