Rosemary Chicken With PastaFrom deedeec 8 years ago
- 2 medium onions, sliced or chopped shopping list
- 2 tsp minced garlic or 4 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 3/4 lb skinless, boneless chicken breasts or thighs shopping list
- 1 (14.5 oz)can diced tomatoes shopping list
- 1 (6 oz)can tomato paste shopping list
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar shopping list
- 2 bay leaves shopping list
- 1 tsp sugar shopping list
- 1/2 tsp dried rosemary, crushed or 1 tbsp fresh shopping list
- 1/4 tsp sea salt shopping list
- 1/4 tsp pepper shopping list
- 1 (4 oz)can sliced mushrooms, drained shopping list
- 1 pkg (8 oz) dried pasta (penne, mostaccioli, or macaroni) shopping list
- Grated parmesan cheese shopping list
How to make it
- In a 3-1/2- to 4-1/2-quart crockpot place the onions and garlic.
- Add chicken to crockpot.
- In a mixing bowl combine undrained tomatoes, tomato paste, vinegar, bay leaves, sugar, rosemary, salt, and pepper; mix well. Pour over chicken.
- Cover and cook on LOW heat setting for 6 hours. Or, cook on HIGH heat setting for 3 to 3 1/2 hours.
- When ready to serve, remove bay leaves.
- Stir mushrooms into chicken mixture; cook for 5 to 10 minutes more on high to heat through.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions.
- Serve the chicken and sauce over the hot cooked pasta; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Nutrition per serving: 415 calories, 5 g total fat, 2 g saturated fat, 47 mg cholesterol, 568 mg sodium, 65 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 29 g protein