3 Bean Beef ChiliFrom flavors 5 years ago
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil shopping list
- 3 lb. lean beef chuck, cut for stew shopping list
- 2 cups chopped onions shopping list
- 3 cans ( 14 oz each) diced tomatoes with chilies shopping list
- 2 cups water shopping list
- 1 can (15 oz) tomato sauce shopping list
- 12 oz beer shopping list
- 1/3 cup chili powder shopping list
- 3 Tbsp. minced garlic shopping list
- 1 Tbsp. ground cumin shopping list
- 2 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1 tsp. dried oregano shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon shopping list
- 1 can each (15 to 16 oz each) black beans, pinto beans, and kidney beans rinsed. shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro shopping list
- Accompaniments: sour cream, chopped cilantro, red onion, shredded Monterey Jack, Cheddar, or pepper Jack cheese, and the brave at heart loves a little chipotle sauce. shopping list
How to make it
- Heat 1 1/2 tsp. oil in a 5 to 6 quart pot over medium high heat, Add 1/2 the beef: saute 5 minutes or until browned. Remove with a slotted spoon to a bowl. Repeat with remaining oil and beef; add to bowl.
- Add onions to drippings in pot; saute 5 minutes until golden. Add remaining ingredients except beans and cilantro; bing to a boil. Add beef, partially cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, 2 hours or until beef is very tender.
- Stir in beans; heat through. Remove from heat and stir in cilantro. Serve with your favorite accompaniments. Enjoy everyone!
The Cookflavors Algonquin, IL
The Rating3 people
- Not added to any groups yet!