ORANGE CHOCOLATE CHIP CUPCAKES WITH CHOCOLATE FROSTINGFrom elaina253 8 years ago
- 5 tbsp. unsalted butter, softened shopping list
- 1/2 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 large egg shopping list
- Finely grated zest of 1 navel orange shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla shopping list
- 1-1/2 tsp. baking powder shopping list
- 1/8 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1/2 cup whole milk shopping list
- 1-1/4 cup semisweet mini-chocolate chips (7 1/2 oz.) shopping list
- 1/4 cup heavy cream shopping list
- equipment: muffin tin with 12 (1/2-cup) muffin cups, plus paper liners shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Beat together butter and sugar in a large bowl with an electric mixer until light and fluffy, then beat in egg, zest, and vanilla. Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt, and add to butter mixture at low speed, alternating with milk, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Fold in 1/2 cup chips and divide batter among lined muffin cups.
- Bake in middle of oven until pale golden and a tester comes out clean, 20 to 25 minutes. Turn cupcakes out onto a rack to cool completely. Bring cream to a simmer in a small heavy saucepan and add remaining 3/4 cup chips, whisking until smooth. Spread frosting on cupcakes.