Coconut Mist CakeFrom zena824 8 years ago
- 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour shopping list
- 3/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 cup butter, room temperature shopping list
- 1/2 cup milk shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 2 2/3 cups flaked coconut shopping list
- 2/3 cup raspberry jam or preserves shopping list
- 3 1/2 cups thawed Cool Whip Topping shopping list
How to make it
- Mix first 4 ingredients together.
- Cream butter to soften and add flour mixture, milk and vanilla.
- Mix until all flour is moistened; then beat 2 minutes at medium speed with electric mixer, scraping bowl occasionally.
- Add egg; beat one minute longer.
- Stir in 2/3 cup of the coconut.
- Pour into 8 x 8 x 2 inch pan which has been greased and floured.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 40 minute or until cake is done.
- Cool in pan 10 minutes; remove from pan and finish cooling on rack.
- Split cake into 2 layers; reserve 1 tablespoon of jam for garnish; mix remaining jam with 2/3 cup of coconut and spread between layers.
- Cover top and sides of cake with whipped topping anbd remaining coconut. Garnish the middle of cake with rest of jam.