Chickpea SoccaFrom eilen 9 years ago
How to make it
- Sift chickpea flour into water.
- Add salt, olive oil and as much black pepper as you like.
- Make sure there are no lumps.
- Let it sit for at least a half hour, up to all day.
- Preheat your oven to 450-475F--depending on what kind of pan you use and how your oven runs. I used a 12-inch (25cm?) cast iron skillet, so I went with the higher temp.
- Put 2 tbs. extra virgin olive oil in the skillet, and let it get hot in the oven, around 10 minutes.
- Pour the batter in carefully, bung it in the oven and cook about 10-15 minutes, until lightly browned on the bottom.
- When you pour it in, if there are large bubbles on the surface, poke them as they may get bigger while cooking.
- If you want it nice and spotty brown on top also, turn your broiler on and put the pan 5-6 inches away from it--watch that it doesn't burn!
- Serve immediately, it will not taste good if left to sit around, with a sprinkling more of black pepper, if you like.
The Cookeilen Portland, OR
- Not added to any groups yet!