Amish Cinnamon Friendship BreadFrom deedeec 9 years ago
- This is a little complicated because you repeat and repeat steps. shopping list
- STARTER shopping list
- flour shopping list
- sugar shopping list
- milk shopping list
- BAKING shopping list
- 1 cup oil shopping list
- 3 eggs shopping list
- 1/2 cup milk shopping list
- 1 tsp vanilla shopping list
- 2 cups flour shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. salt shopping list
- 2 tsp. cinnamon shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda shopping list
- 1 large box of vanilla pudding shopping list
- 1 cup dried fruit or nuts (ie. raisins) shopping list
- cinnamon sugar (topping) shopping list
How to make it
- Day 1. If starting from scratch. In a large Ziploc baggie, combine 1 cup milk, 1 cup flour, 1 cup sugar. Close, Mush well. Let sit and do nothing else.
- Day 1. If you just received a baggie of starter. Do nothing.
- Day 2. Mush Bag 2 times a day.
- Day 3. Mush Bag 2 times a day.
- Day 4. Mush Bag 2 times a day.
- Day 5. Mush Bag 2 times a day.
- Day 6. Add 1 cup of milk, 1 cup of flour, and 1 cup of sugar. Mush together throroughly.
- Day 7. Mush bag, let air out, and reseal the bag. 2 times a day.
- Day 8. Mush bag, let air out, and reseal the bag. 2 times a day.
- Day 9. Mush bag, let air out, and reseal the bag. 2 times a day.
- Day 10. Pour and squeeze contents into a big plastic (I don't know why... orginal recipe said this.) bowl. Add 1 cup milk, 1 cup sugar, 1 cup flour. Stir and pour four 1 cup "starters" into 4 large Ziploc bags. Give these and a copy of this recipe to friends.
- You'll have a little left in the bowl. Add to it oil, eggs, milk, and vanilla and mix well.
- In a separate bowl mix flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, baking soda, vanilla pudding mix, and fruit or nuts (optional).
- Mix all ingredients together. Spray the bottom of two loaf pans. Split the batter between the pans. Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar to cover the tops.
- Bake 1 hour at 325 degrees F.
- Note: the starter bags should be left out on the countertop. Do not refrigerate.
- Disclaimer: I have no actual idea what the prep time it. I just put 10 minutes to fill the blank. Servings is relative too.
People Who Like This Dish 32
The Cookdeedeec Seattle, WA
The Rating5 people
I got this years ago from a good friend and just loved it. I hung on to the recipe with hopes of doing it again. Thanks for the reminder:o)alaskanmom in Wasilla loved it
I love anything Amish.gingerlea in Tampa loved it
I loved it...ahmed1 in Cairo loved it