butternut squash mac and cheeseFrom tinymango 7 years ago
- one lb small ridge macaroni shopping list
- one tablespoon evoo shopping list
- two tablespoons butter shopping list
- two tablespoons fresh chopped thyme shopping list
- half a medium onion shopping list
- three tablespoons flour shopping list
- 2 cups chicken broth or stock (veg will do) shopping list
- ten ounces cooked butternut squash shopping list
- one cup heavy cream or whole milk shopping list
- eight ounces of cheddar shopping list
- half a cup grated parmesano reggiano shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg shopping list
- s+p shopping list
- fresh wholewheat breadcrumbs, blended with crumbled butter and seasond with s+p shopping list
How to make it
- cook pasta in boiling water til al dente
- heat medium heavy bottom pan over medium heat. add evoo and butter. add thyme, grated onion and cook two minutes. stir in flour, cook two more minutes. stir in broth, stir in squash, cook til heated through. stir in cream and bring sauce to a boil. stir in cheese, season with nutmeg and salt and pepper.
- add cooked pasta to pot with sauce. coat pasta evenly with sauce then transfer to an 8x8 glass baking dish coated with cooking spray. pop in an oven preheated to three fifty fahrenheit for 20 minutes. sprinkle top w/ bread crumbs and finish baking for five more minutes. yum.
The Cooktinymango Reedville, VA
The Rating3 people
I love the creamy result of this I am eating this right now !!
Makes me smile it reminds me of my mothers cooking.
Michaeltrigger in loved it
Ooooo.... certainly woke me up with this one! Talk about flavourful comfort food! I can't wait to try this one, thank you, TinyMango :)kukla in Barrie, Ontario loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!