Stuffed EggplantFrom chefmeow 6 years ago
- 1 large eggplant shopping list
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef shopping list
- 6 ounce can tomato paste shopping list
- 1 egg slightly beaten shopping list
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion shopping list
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green pepper shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, minced shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper shopping list
- 1/2 cup dry red wine shopping list
- 1/2 cup plain whole milk yogurt shopping list
- 8 ounce can tomato sauce shopping list
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut eggplant in half, scoop out pulp, leaving shell intact.
- Finely dice eggplant pulp.
- In a skillet, brown eggplant in oil and add beef, turning until browned.
- Drain off any fat if necessary.
- Stir in tomato paste, egg, onion, green pepper, garlic, salt, pepper red wine and yogurt.
- Heat thoroughly, but do not boil.
- Spoon mixture into eggplant halves, top with tomato sauce and mozzarella cheese.
- Place in baking dish and bake for 45-55 minutes until bubbly and eggplant is tender.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!