Butterscotch Coconut BreadFrom divaliscious 8 years ago
- 2 cups flour shopping list
- 1-1/4 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts - slightly roasted shopping list
- 1 extra large egg shopping list
- 1 cup packed brown sugar shopping list
- 1 cup buttermilk or sour milk shopping list
- 1 tablespoon butter - melted shopping list
- ***For bread topping: shopping list
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts shopping list
- 2 tablespoons shredded coconut shopping list
- ****Equipment Needed: shopping list
- one (1) greased loaf pan (9-1/2x5-1/2 inches), preheated 350 degress oven. shopping list
How to make it
- Sift flour, measure then add baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Sift dry ingredients once more.
- Add chopped walnuts - if you wanted to dry roast them for 5 minutes, they flavors will have been amazingly enhanced.
- Stir chopped walnuts and coconut into flour mixture.
- In second bowl, combine egg, brown sugar, buttermilk and melted butter and mix till combined.
- Pour wet mixture into dry - stirring till combined - DO NOT beat - thanks...
- Add remaining 2 tablespoons each of the chopped walnuts and shredded coconuts, sprinkling them over the top of the dough mixture.
- Turn mixture into greased loaf pan and bake for 45-50 minutes.
- Check with a toothpick that it comes out clean - if not, add another five minutes to the baking time
- This freezes really well too and is nice to bring to brunch parties and for your next social.