Chicken And Pistachio PateFrom azjules 6 years ago
- 2 pounds boneless chicken meat shopping list
- 1 (6-ounce) skinless boneless chicken breast shopping list
- 2/3 cup fresh white breadcrumbs shopping list
- 1/2 cup hevy cream shopping list
- 1 egg white shopping list
- 4 scallions, finely chopped shopping list
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped shopping list
- 3 ounces cooked ham, cut in 3/8-inch cubes shopping list
- 1/2 cup shelled pistachio nuts shopping list
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon shopping list
- pinch ground nutmeg shopping list
- 3/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoon pepper shopping list
- green salad to serve shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Trim all the fat, tendons and connective tissue from the 2 pounds chicken meat and cut into 2 inch cubes. Put in a food processor fitted with a metal blade and pulse to chop the meat to a smooth puree in two or three batches. Or alternatively pass the meat through the medium or fine blade of a food mill. Remove any white stringy pieces.
- 2. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Using a sharp knife, cut the chicken breast fillet into 3/8 inch cubes.
- 3. In a large mixing bowl, soak the breadcrumbs in the cream. Add the pureed chicken, egg white, scallions, garlic, ham, pistachio nuts, tarragon, nutmeg and salt and pepper. Using a wooden spoon or your fingers, mix until very well combined.
- 4. Lay out a piece of extra wide strong foil about 18 inches long on a work surface and lightly brush oil on a 12 inch square in the center Spoon the chicken mixture onto the foil to form a log-shape about 12 inches long and 3 1/2 inches thick across the width of the foil. Bring together the long sides of the foil and fols over securely to enclose. Twist the ends of the foil and tie with string.
- 5. Transfer to a baking dish and bake for 1 1/2 hours. Let cool in the dish and chill until cold, preferably overnight. Serve the pate sliced with a green salad and a crusty loaf of french bread.
The Cookazjules Glendale, AZ
The Rating2 people
- Not added to any groups yet!