FRENCH SPRING SOUPFrom desertgal 6 years ago
- ¼ cup butter shopping list
- 1 pound leeks, chopped shopping list
- 1 onion, chopped shopping list
- 2 quarts water (8 cups ) (can use half chicken stock) shopping list
- 3 large potatoes, chopped shopping list
- 2 large carrots, chopped shopping list
- 1 bunch fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces shopping list
- 1/3 cup uncooked long-grain white rice shopping list
- 4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- ½ pound fresh spinach (optional) shopping list
- 1 cup heavy cream (or ½ and ½) shopping list
How to make it
- Melt the butter in a large pot over medium heat. Stir in the leeks, onions, and cook until tender.
- Pour water or broth into the pot. Mix in potatoes, carrots, asparagus, and rice. Season with salt. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer 15 to 20 minutes, until vegetables and rice are tender.
- Stir spinach and heavy cream into the soup mixture, and continue cooking about 5 minutes before you sever.
- I use all chicken stock in mine.