Prosciutto-Wrapped Shrimp with Garlic Dipping SauceFrom irishiz 9 years ago
- 18 thin slices prosciutto shopping list
- 18 fresh basil leaves shopping list
- 18 extra-large shrimp, peeled and deveined shopping list
- 18 bamboo skewers, soaked in water at least 30 minutes shopping list
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar shopping list
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard shopping list
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic shopping list
- 1 cup olive oil shopping list
How to make it
- Place 1 prosciutto slice on work surface, short end parallel to edge. Place 1 basil leaf and short end; place shrimp on top of basil and roll up in the prosciutto.
- Thread shrimp on the skewers.
- Repeat with remaining ingredients. (These can be done up to 1 day ahead; wrap tightly in plastic wrap and chill.)
- Prepare grill to medium-high heat or pre-heat broiler.
- Combine vinegar, mustard and garlic in blender. Gradually add oil; blend well.
- Transfer dipping sauce to small bowl and check to see if it needs salt and pepper.
- Grill shrimp until opaque in center, turning frequently, about 6 to 7 minutes.
- Transfer to platter and serve with the dipping sauce.