To Die For Apple PieFrom mkm114 8 years ago
- 1 - Deep Dish unbaked pie shell shopping list
- 5 - granny smith apples shopping list
- 1/2 Cup Granulated sugar shopping list
- 3/4 Teaspoon cinnamon shopping list
- 1/8 Teaspoon salt shopping list
- 3/4 Cup firmly packed brown sugar shopping list
- 3/4 Cup flour shopping list
- 1/3 Cup butter (salted or unsalted - your choice) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400'
- Peel and thinly slice apples
- Mix granulated sugar, cinnamon and salt in large bowl.
- Add apple slices and mix throughly. Set aside.
- In separate bowl mix brown sugar, flour and butter until crumbly.
- Pour sliced apple mixture into unbaked (see comment below) pie shell.
- Take brown sugar mixture and drizzle evenly over apples.
- Bake in 400' oven on bottom shelf for 35 - 40 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
- I bake my pie shell 5 minutes before adding ingredients. Prick bottom with fork before baking.
- Add more or less cinnamon depending on your taste.