A Few Tips To Cook With StyleFrom lohashim 7 years ago
- A few tips to prepare food . shopping list
How to make it
- When breading your chicken pieces, put the coated chicken in the fridge for at least 30 minutes. This will ensure that the crust is set on the chicken before it's cooked.
- To make perfect hard-boiled eggs. Place eggs in saucepan with water to cover as usual. When water boils remove from heat and let it for 20 minutes covered. The eggs will finish cooking, yolks perfectly centered and no green color around the yolk.
- To make a pretty garnish, cut small pickles into fan shape cutting down the pickle's length but not through the bottom in thin slices. Spread slices like a fan to garnish plates
- When a recipe calls for oil and honey, measure the oil in a measuring cup first and then measure the honey in the same cup. Every drop of the honey will easily slide out.
- To keep white potatoes white, add a bit of white vinegar to the cooking water. Vinegar flavor will not show.
- Add a splash of milk to cauliflower cooking liquid to keep the cauliflower looking white.
- To give spring onion used as garnish a better look, slice them into thin slices and soak in cold water for 1 hour minimum.
- Soak fresh herbs and garlic cloves in olive oil, cover and set aside for 3 days minimum. Strain and use this olive oil later to cook your pasta, It will enhance the flavor.
- Heat oil and stir Egyptian rice well until it's hot to avoid rice sticking on each other after cooking.
- For best results when deep frying potatoes; wash potatoes in cold water after cutting them, to remove excess starch.
- When using only part of a bell pepper, cut it from the bottom or the sides, leave the seeds attached because they hold the moisture. You can put the rest in a resalable plastic bag and use it up to 4 days later. It won't be mushy.
- When preparing dishes like chicken or cooked meat salads, use chilled ingredients. In other words, make sure your chicken has been cooked and chilled before it gets mixed with other salad ingredients.
- New way to cook pasta is: When the water boils, turn it off and add the pasta. Let the pasta stay in the water for 30 minutes stir twice and then drain.
- To have better taste for fried or grilled seafood, season with cumin powder.
- A good and fast way to skin grilled veggies is to place them inside a closed plastic bag for a few minutes, then remove and rub skin off easily.
- When preparing/cooking rice with stock, it is better not to soak the rice. Instead, wash the rice in cold water to maximise the taste from the stock used.
- Adding a peeled and chopped ripe kiwi with the marinade of meat, chicken or squid will make the meat tender and juicier.
- Unless the recipe specifically calls for it, don't use more than three herbs and spices in any one dish.
- For a quick and delicious appetiser, stuff cherry tomatoes with a mix of roasted garlic, cream cheese, lemon juice, salt, pepper.
- Use lemon juice, garlic, herbs and spices to perk up the flavours of vegetables instead of rich sauces made with cream, butter or cheese.
- For a tasty dip, blend roasted garlic with roasted eggplant.
People Who Like This Dish 20
- jadesteva Nowhere, Us
- blondie42332 Nowhere, Us
- lauries Cameron, CA
- crazeecndn Edmonton, CA
- cazandria Memphis, TN
- jasmilez Somewhere In The Land Of Enchantment, NM
- atariq123 Rochester Hills, MI
- tnacndn Jasper, TN
- leslierose_64 Mandaluyong City, Philippines
- mlo Wichita Falls, TX
- Plus 10 othersFrom around the world!
The Cooklohashim Riyadh, SA
The Rating10 people
great. put in some more. =)leslierose_64 in Mandaluyong City loved it
Wow!!!!!!!!! Thank you So much, much needed :-)
nadine in Damascus loved it
Hi Lohashim, thanks so much for sharing these, much appreciated - Amna.atariq123 in Rochester Hills loved it