Smothered Fried ChickenFrom hayleesgrandma 8 years ago
- 3 1/2 pounds whole cut-up chicken shopping list
- 2 (5-ounce) packets chicken fry coating (recommended: Dixie Fry) shopping list
- 2 tablespoons salt-free chicken seasoning, divided (recommended: McCormick Grill Mates) shopping list
- canola oil, for frying shopping list
- 2 (12-ounce) jars roasted chicken gravy (recommended: Franco American) shopping list
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic shopping list
How to make it
- Cut away excess skin and fat from chicken pieces. Rinse with cold water and set aside; do not pat dry.
- In a shallow bowl, stir together fry coating and 1 tablespoon chicken seasoning. Dredge chicken pieces in coating mixture; set aside.
- In a large straight-sided pan, heat 1/2-inch oil over medium-high heat. Oil is ready for frying when a drop of water splatters when dropped in.
- Fry coated chicken until golden brown, about 8 minutes per side. Remove chicken from pan and drain oil.
- In a medium bowl, stir together gravy, remaining chicken seasoning, and crushed garlic; set aside.
- Return chicken to pan over medium heat. Cover with gravy. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 10 to 20 minutes or until completely done (no pink near the bone).
The Cookhayleesgrandma Waldron, AR
The Rating3 people
I am with donman ... I love chicken... especially fried.. Finger lickin good~linebb956 in La Feria loved it
Looks so yummie, thank you for this one, always looking for something different to do with chicken. Thanks for sharing, great post.henrie in Savannah loved it
Chicken, Chicken, Chicken. Love it cooked any way :)donman in Hammond loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!