Greek LemonGarlic PotatoesFrom reefbreak 8 years ago
- 8 medium/large potatoes , peeled, cut into large wedges shopping list
- 4 garlic cloves , minced shopping list
- 1/2 cup olive oil shopping list
- 1 cup water shopping list
- 1 tablespoon oregano shopping list
- 1 lemon, juice of shopping list
- sea salt to taste shopping list
- fresh coarse ground black pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 440°F.
- Put all the ingredients into a baking dish large enough to hold them. Give everything a toss or two to distribute ingredients and flavors.
- Season generously with sea salt and black pepper.
- The garlic will drop into the water/oil solution but its flavour will permeate the potatoes.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
- When a nice golden-brown crust has formed on the potatoes give them a stir to bring the white underside up, season lightly with a bit more sea salt and pepper and just a light sprinkling of oregano.
- Add 1/2 cup more water if pan appears to be getting dry and pop back into oven to brown other side of potatoes.
- This will take about another 40 minutes.
- Notes: Do not be afraid of overcooking the potatoes or adding more water if needed as the potatoes will be delicious.