Penne with Lobster Corn Zucchini and ArugulaFrom greekgirrrl 9 years ago
- 1 onion, quartered shopping list
- 1 carrot, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces shopping list
- 3 bay leaves shopping list
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and smashed shopping list
- 1 one-inch piece fresh ginger, sliced shopping list
- Zest of 1 orange shopping list
- 1 tablespoon whole black peppercorns shopping list
- 2 live lobsters (1 1/4 pounds each) shopping list
- salt shopping list
- 8 ounces penne or garganelli shopping list
- 1 Vidalia or other sweet onion shopping list
- 4 small zucchini (about 1 pound) shopping list
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic shopping list
- 4 ears corn, shaved from the cob shopping list
- 2 bunches arugula, stems trimmed, chopped shopping list
- 2 tablespoons fresh marjoram leaves shopping list
- 1 ounce freshly grated parmesan cheese (optional) shopping list
- olive-oil cooking spray shopping list
How to make it
- Fill sink with ice water.
- In a stockpot, combine onion, carrot, bay leaves, garlic, ginger, zest, and peppercorns with 8 cups water; cover and bring to a boil.
- Add lobsters, cover, and cook 8 minutes once water has returned to a boil.
- Remove lobsters, reserving the liquid; transfer to the ice bath.
- When lobsters are cool enough to handle, break tails and claws from body; crack open to remove meat.
- Set meat aside.
- Add bodies and empty shells to reserved liquid; return to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 30 minutes.
- Drain through a fine sieve; discard solids.
- Return liquid to pot; cook over medium-high heat until reduced to 1 cup, about 45 minutes.
- Cut meat from lobster-tail and claw into bite-size pieces; set aside.
- Bring a 5-quart saucepan of salted water to a boil, and cook pasta until al dente, about 7 minutes.
- Drain in a colander, and set aside.
- Cut onion into 1/8-inch wedges; remove the core.
- Cut zucchini lengthwise into quarters and crosswise into 1/2-inch pieces.
- Heat a low-sided 6-quart saucepan coated with olive-oil cooking spray over medium-high heat until very hot.
- Add onion and garlic; reduce heat to medium low.
- Cook until onions are translucent, about 3 minutes.
- Add zucchini; cook until tender, about 7 minutes.
- Add corn, reserved lobster meat, cooked pasta, reserved liquid, arugula, and marjoram; stir to combine.
- Stir in Parmesan, if desired; serve.
The Cookgreekgirrrl Huntington Village, NY
The Rating5 people
This sounds wonderful but I have to admit if I'm going to eat lobster it's going to be in somebody's restaurant. Great post Greek.jenniferbyrdez in kenner loved it
You never fail to amaze me!! Outstanding recipe!! Rack up another 5 girl!! You Rock!ddougee in Chester loved it
What a great recipe! Thanks so much! This is something new and I can't wait to try it!annieamie in Los Angeles loved it