Peanut Butter Banana Boston Cream PieFrom jo_jo_ba 7 years ago
- 2 cups evaporated skim milk shopping list
- ¾ cup low-fat creamy peanut butter shopping list
- 4 egg yolks shopping list
- ¼ cup light brown sugar shopping list
- 1 tsp cornstarch shopping list
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract shopping list
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg shopping list
- ½ cup 1% milk shopping list
- ¼ cup unsalted butter shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1 medium, overripe banana, mashed shopping list
- 1/3 cup brown sugar shopping list
- 1 tsp vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 tsp banana extract (optional) shopping list
- ½ cup cake flour shopping list
- ½ cup brown rice flour shopping list
- ½ tbsp baking powder shopping list
- ¼ tsp salt shopping list
- 2/3 cup low-fat, sweetened condensed milk shopping list
- 3 oz bittersweet chocolate, chopped shopping list
- 1 oz peanut butter chips shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 °F. Grease a 9-inch pie plate and place in a deep baking dish.
- Beat peanut butter, yolks, brown sugar, cornstarch, vanilla and nutmeg until thick and creamy.
- Heat evaporated milk to just below a simmer, and pour into peanut butter mixture.
- Pour into prepared pie plate and pour boiling water around it.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Let cool to room temperature and chill custard in pie plate completely.
- Grease bottom and sides of a 9-inch spring-form pan, line the bottom with parchment, then grease again and dust lightly with flour.
- Heat milk and butter until butter is melted, and keep warm.
- Whip egg, banana and sugar until very thick and pale yellow.
- Add extracts and beat smooth.
- Sift flours, baking powder and salt, and add to egg mixture, mixing only until blended.
- Carefully pour in hot butter and milk, and mix again until barely blended.
- Scrape into prepared pan and bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until a tester inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Let cool for 15 minutes, then turn out onto a plate, peel off parchment, then invert (so top is up) onto a rack to cool completely. Chill in fridge 8 hours or overnight.
- To assemble, slice cake into 2 layers.
- Stir chilled custard smooth, and spread over bottom layer.
- Top with second layer and chill while preparing glaze.
- Stir condensed milk, chocolate and peanut butter chips over medium-low heat until melted and shiny.
- Spread glaze over cake and chill until ready to serve.
The Cookjo_jo_ba Oshawa, CA
The Rating1 people
thanks Jo jo ba love the combination of peanut butter and bananas can i substitute the brown rice flour with brown flour ?
Mumtazmumtazcatering in Gauteng loved it
Sweet Tooth446 members
Foodies That Follow WWs48 members
Make Your Ingredients222 members
Chocolate Dreams354 members
Comfort Foods771 members
Piece Of Cake376 members
Weight Watchers282 members
Cooking Is Fun65 members
Party Food316 members
Vegetarian Food Lover425 members