Barbecued Pulled Pork SandwichesFrom hoosiermom68 8 years ago
- 2-3 lb. boneless center cut pork loin roast (NOT the rolled kind) shopping list
- 1 bottle Open Pit original BBQ sauce shopping list
- 1 bottle Sweet Baby Ray's original BBQ sauce shopping list
- 1/2 C brown sugar shopping list
- 1 tsp garlic salt shopping list
- black pepper to taste shopping list
- 8 kaiser rolls shopping list
- dill pickle slices shopping list
How to make it
- For this recipe,I like to use the pork roast with the little pop-up timer button that you see on turkeys.
- Set your slow cooker to low-medium.(mine has settings 1-5,so I set it between 2-3).
- With a very large knife,carefully try to trim off all the stringy fat from the top.
- Sprinkle with garlic salt and pepper.
- Place in covered slow cooker,cook for approx 2 hours,or until button pops up.
- Remove meat and place in collander to drain off all the fat drippings.
- While meat is cooling, stir 2 bbq sauces and brown sugar together in a sauce pan,heat over very low flame 5 minutes.
- Now,get your hands dirty and either shred the meat with a fork,or rip at it using your hands (careful-the meat it still HOT!!!!)
- .Once it's all shredded,add it to the sauce and stir over low heat for 5-10 minutes.
- Serve on kaiser rolls with dill pickle slices.
- Very hearty and yummy!
The Cookhoosiermom68 Merrillville, IN
The Rating3 people
- Not added to any groups yet!