Healthy Bears GranolaFrom grizzlybear 8 years ago
- 8 cups uncooked oatmeal shopping list
- 3 cups corn flakes or bran flakes shopping list
- 1 cup wheat germ shopping list
- 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract shopping list
- 2 tsp cinnamon shopping list
- ½ - 1 tsp. cloves & nutmeg mixed shopping list
- ¾ cup dark brown sugar shopping list
- ¾ cup canola oil shopping list
- ½ - ¾ cup honey shopping list
- 1 ½ cups water shopping list
How to make it
- Mix all of the above ingredients in a very large baking pan so it can be spread out. Bake at 350 degrees for an hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Add to the mix: 4 cups of nuts (raw sunflower seeds, raw pumpkin seeds, sliced almonds, chopped walnuts) and bake another 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and add: 3 cups of dried fruit (raisins, craisins; apricots, candied papaya, candied pineapple – diced into small bits).
- As the mix cools, stir it to be sure that the entire mix is cooled and dried out. Store in airtight container. Serve with yogurt.
The Cookgrizzlybear CA
The Rating4 people
I have been looking for a great granola recipe so that I can take some to work each morning and this is it! Thank you for sharing this coveted recipe with us =Dshandy in Port Orchard loved it
I made this a couple of days ago and I just had to add my picture. Thank you so much for sharing =Dshandy in Port Orchard loved it
I love Shandys photo and this recipe sounds so good. Im going to gather the ingredients to make it. Thank you!michellem in Idaho loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!