Orange cranberry pecan mixed green saladFrom amandabear 9 years ago
- 1 cup and 3 tablespoons orange juice shopping list
- 3 1/2 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 3 oranges (remove peel and segment) shopping list
- 6 tablespoons dried cranberries shopping list
- 6 cups mixed baby greens shopping list
- 3/4 cups toasted pecans shopping list
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel shopping list
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar shopping list
How to make it
- Bring 1 (one) cup of orange juice to a light simmer in a saucepan. Remove from heatsource.
- Stir in your dried cranberries, let it sit until softened (takes approximately 30 minutes).
- Drain this and throw away the soaking juice.
- Whisk up orange peel, oil, vinegar, and your remaining 3 tablespoons of orange juice in a small bowl. Mix in the cranberries.
- Season the dressing with salt and pepper to taste.
- Put your greens in a good-sized bowl and toss with about 2/3 of the dressing you made.
- Divvy up the greens into 6-8 bowls then put in your orange segments and toss with remaining dressing.
- Finally top off each salad with orange segments and your roasted pecans!