Asparagus Green Onion Cucumber And Herb SaladFrom wolfpackjack 9 years ago
- Dressing: ------------ shopping list
- 3 Tbsp fresh lemon juice shopping list
- 1 Tbsp red wine vinegar shopping list
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard shopping list
- 1 tsp coarse kosher salt shopping list
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil shopping list
- Salad: ------------ shopping list
- 3 pounds medium asparagus, trimmed shopping list
- 4 cups thinly sliced green onions shopping list
- 3 cups 1/4-inch cubes peeled seeded Kirby or English hothouse cucumbers shopping list
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh Italian parsley shopping list
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh chervil (Chervil is an aromatic herb that's related to parsley. It has lacy, fern-like leaves and a mild anise flavor.) shopping list
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh chives shopping list
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh mint shopping list
- 2 tsp chopped fresh tarragon shopping list
How to make it
- For dressing: -----------
- Whisk first lemon juice, red wine vinegar, Dijon mustard, salt, and pepper in small bowl. Gradually whisk in oil.
- Note: Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate. Bring to room temperature and rewhisk before using.
- For salad: ----------
- Fill large bowl with lightly salted ice water; stir until salt dissolves.
- Cook asparagus in large pot of boiling salted water until crisp-tender, about 3 minutes. (I steamed the asparagus)
- Drain, reserving 3 cups cooking liquid.
- Transfer asparagus to bowl of salted ice water to cool.
- Place green onions in another large bowl; pour hot reserved asparagus cooking liquid over onions and let stand until cool, about 30 minutes.
- Drain asparagus and green onions well. Transfer onions to clean kitchen towel and squeeze dry.
- Note: Asparagus and onions can be made 1 day ahead. Wrap separately in several layers of paper towels, then enclose in resealable plastic bags and refrigerate.
- Combine green onions, cucumbers, and herbs in mixing bowl.
- Add dressing; toss to coat.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Arrange asparagus on platter. Spoon cucumber mixture over and serve.
The Cookwolfpackjack Raleigh, NC
The Rating3 people
- Not added to any groups yet!