Leeks With Olive Oil Vinegar And Mustard SeedFrom mystic_river1 6 years ago
- It is like a grain of mustard seed, which a man took and cast into his garden; and it grew and waxed a great tree; and the fowls of the air lodged in the branches of it. shopping list
- Luke 13:19 shopping list
- 3 large leeks shopping list
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar shopping list
- 1-1/4 teaspoons mustard seeds, toasted shopping list
- 2 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Thoroughly rinse the leeks under running water.
- Trim and cut them crosswise into 1/2 inch-thick slices.
- Bring a stockpot of water to a boil, add the leeks, and cook until very soft, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Drain, then place them in a serving dish and set aside.
- Using a mortar and pestle or an electric spice grinder, finely grind 1 teaspoon of the toasted mustard seeds.
- In a small howl, blend the vinegar and the ground mustard.
- Slowly whisk in the olive oil.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon this mixture over the leeks.
- Sprinkle with the remaining 1/4 teaspoon whole mustard seeds, and serve at room temperature.