Southern-Style Fried Green TomatoesFrom hoosiermom68 7 years ago
- 4-5 large green tomatoes (nice unripened red ones) shopping list
- flour shopping list
- 3 T.black pepper shopping list
- 3 T.garlic powder shopping list
- 1 T.garlic salt shopping list
- 3 T.italian seasoning shopping list
- dash cayenne pepper shopping list
- 3 beaten eggs shopping list
- shortening shopping list
- Louisiana hot sauce (for dipping) shopping list
How to make it
- Slice tomatoes into 1/4" thick slices.
- Set aside.
- Add 1/2 of the seasonings to the beaten eggs,the rest of the seasoning gets mixed into the flour.
- Dip tomatoes into egg mixture,then into flour.
- Deep fry in a 2-3" deep pan until golden to dark brown.
- Drain on paper towel.
- Sprinkle on hot sauce and eat.
- **If you want these extra crispy,you can cook them halfway ,then dunk back into eggwash and refry.
The Cookhoosiermom68 Merrillville, IN
The Rating4 people
GREAT...cowboycope34 in Mantua loved it
Oh i cannot wait to try this once I have some green tomatoes from my garden. They sound so good. A bit different than the ones my Gram used to make but I'm
game for a new twist.. I'll let you know how they turn out.. Thanks!midwestguy in Chicago loved it
i like them x-tra crispykitchen_fantasy in Bluffton loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!