Ham and Cheese EmpanadaFrom mitzychocolatelover 8 years ago
- for the dough: shopping list
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 cup butter or shortening shopping list
- 1 egg yolk shopping list
- 1/2 tbsp baking powder shopping list
- 1 tbsp sugar shopping list
- 4-5 tbsp cold water shopping list
- for the filling: shopping list
- fried ham shopping list
- shredded cheese shopping list
- note: * you can put any filling you want either tuna and cheese or chicken with green peas and potatoes.... just boil first the chicken and cut into small pieces. fry the green peas and potatoes. again, into small pices of potatoes... shopping list
How to make it
- Mix the wet and dry ingredients with a fork until it becomes stiff.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Knead it just until all the flour is incorporated and the dough is smooth.
- Place the empanada dough on a floured counter top.
- Roll the dough out into a 1/8 inch thick layer.
- Cut the dough into circles with round cookie cutters or biscuit cutters.
- Tip: For large empanadas use 6 inch cutters for empanaditas use 3 inch cutters. If you don't have these handy, you can cut out the bottom of a coffee can,
- Remove the excess dough from the cut out circle. Place your filling of choice in the center of the circle.
- Carefully fold over the circle with contents into a semicircle. Crimp down the edges with a fork. If the edges won't stick together, wet your finger and rub it along the inside edge of the dough and try again.
- Finish the empanadas by deep frying in vegetable oil at 360 degrees for 1 to 2 minutes per side. They should be lightly golden. Drain on paper towels and serve warm. thats it!
People Who Like This Dish 14
The Cookmitzychocolatelover Malolos, PH
The Rating6 people
sounds very good.bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it
Empanadas are sooo good! These look like the ones I get from the local farmer's market here in LA, all freshly made and wonderful! Now I can do them at home! Thanks!shepherdrescue in Lake Forest loved it
SOUNDS SO GOODburgandy26 in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!