1940s Diner Banana Split PuddingFrom dixiediner 8 years ago
- 1 15 1/4 ounce can crushed pineapple, well drained, reserve liquid shopping list
- 1 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk shopping list
- 1 3 1/2 ounce package instant banana pudding mix shopping list
- 1 cup roughly chopped marsaschino cheeries, divided shopping list
- 2 cups whipping cream, whipped shopping list
- 1 15 1/4 ounce package chocolate wafers, divided shopping list
- 4 bananas, sliced, divided shopping list
How to make it
- Add enough water to the reserved pineapple liquid to make 1 1/2 cups; combine with sweetened condensed milk.
- Add instant pudding mix, combine well. Add crushed pineapple and half the chopped cheeries, fold in the whipped cream.
- Spoon 1 1/2 cups pudding mixture into an 8 x 8 inch dish. Top with 1/2 each of the chocolate wafers, sliced bananas and banana pudding.
- Repeat layering twice, ending with pudding mixture.
- Chill thoroughly; scatter remaining 1/2 cup chopped cherries across top.
People Who Like This Dish 11
The Cookdixiediner MS
The Rating3 people
Sweet Tooth448 members
Comfort Foods775 members
Back To Basics347 members
Southern Essentials226 members
Southern Cooks561 members
Good Down Home Southern Food196 members
Luv The Snackage30 members
Luv The Snack18 members
Basic Essentials58 members
Family Favourites134 members