Apple Custard PieFrom maggiehc 6 years ago
- 1/2 cup sugar shopping list
- 1/3 cup corn starch shopping list
- Seeds from one vanilla bean shopping list
- 3 eggs shopping list
- 1/2 cup butter OR margarine, melted (I used Earth Balance tub) shopping list
- 3/4 cup golden syrup or corn syrup shopping list
- 1/4 cup milk (I used Silk soymilk) shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 3 large cooking apples, peeled and thinly sliced shopping list
- 1 (9-inch) unbaked pie crust shopping list
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts, optional shopping list
How to make it
- 1.Preheat oven to 375°F.
- 2.Combine sugar and corn starch and vanilla seeds in medium bowl.
- 3.Whisk in eggs. Stir in butter, golden syrup, milk and vanilla.
- 4. Fold in half of apples. Pour into pie crust.
- 5. Place remaining apples in overlapping circle on top of pie. Press down gently until custard covers the top layer of apples a little. Sprinkle with walnuts, if desired.
- 6. Bake for 50 minutes or until center of pie is set. Check and cover crust edges with foil if they get too golden.
- 7. Cool on wire rack. Eat. Refrigerate leftovers.