Cream Cheese EnchilladasFrom cakelady 9 years ago
- 6-8 flour tortillas shopping list
- 2 cups cooked meat (ground turkey, ground beef, chicken, turkey, pork, shredded, cubed, whatever you like) shopping list
- 2 packs of softened cream cheese (don't use low fat stuff) shopping list
- 1 cup sour cream (low fat is ok) shopping list
- 20 oz can mild enchillada sauce (or spicy if you want) shopping list
- 3 cups shredded cheese (I like cheddar, but about any shredded hard cheese will work) shopping list
- Glass casserole dish shopping list
- non stick cooking spray shopping list
- optional: sliced olives, chopped jalapeno's, corn, whatever sounds good to you...about 3/4 cup total shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Start out with meat that is seasoned and cooked.
- If you are using meat that isn't ground, then you'll need to cube it or shred it.
- Combine cream cheese and sour cream, until smooth.
- Add meat to sour cream (also add olives, canned jalapeno's, or other accents if you want to...just make sure it is something soft and doesn't equal more than 3/4 cup).
- Spray your glass casserole dish with non stick spray.
- Put a generous scoop of cream cheese mixture in the middle of each tortilla, folding right sides, then left sides into center.
- Roll into enchillada's. Repeat until you run out of filling. You should use at least 6 tortilla's, but may need up to 8.
- Once you get all of the enchillada's rolled, pour the enchillada sauce over top, covering evenly.
- Bake at 375 F for 15 minutes (uncovered).
- After 15 minutes, cover with cheese and bake for another 5 - 10 minutes, until cheese is melted and everything is bubbly and heated through.
- Let stand about 10 minutes before serving.
People Who Like This Dish 11
The Cookcakelady Murray, UT
- Not added to any groups yet!