Black Bean CakesFrom kimmer 9 years ago
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans shopping list
- 6 tbsp salsa ( also a little more to serve cakes with) shopping list
- 6 tbsp onions, finely diced shopping list
- 3/4 cup red bell peppers, finely diced shopping list
- 3 tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups plain dry breadcrumbs shopping list
- 1/4 cup poblano peppers mild flavor (or 1 tbsp jalapeno, diced) shopping list
- 1 large clove of garlic, minced shopping list
- 2 tsp chipotle sauce (or 1/2 tsp hot sauce) shopping list
- 1 1/2 tbsp lemon juice shopping list
- salt and pepper, to taste shopping list
- tortilla chip breadING shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups tortilla chips, crushed (baked variety works well) shopping list
- 1 tsp ground cumin shopping list
How to make it
- Place beans in a colander and rinse in cold water.
- Drain well, for at least 10 minutes.
- Add drained beans and all the other ingredients except for tortilla chip breading into a mixing bowl.
- Blend well, mashing some of the beans to form a thick mixture. Form into 6 patties and roll in tortilla breading.
- At this point you can cover and refrigerate until ready to heat.
- Heat skillet, saute in just enough oil to brown cakes and heat through.
- Serve with a dab of salsa.
People Who Like This Dish 9
- sara744 Nowhere, Us
- reviews Anycity, Anystate
- mommyluvs2cook Santa Fe, TX
- ttaaccoo Buffalo, NY
- minitindel THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY, CA
- greekgirrrl Huntington Village, NY
- eclaires Chicago, IL
- peetabear Mid-hudson Valley, NY
- mkm114 Springdale, AR
- kimmer Dunedin, FL
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookkimmer Dunedin, FL
The Rating4 people
i love this i really love black beans this sounds great
tinkminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
These are very, very good!! Love the crunch from the tortilla chip beading! Check the IMI for more ;) Black Bean Cakesmommyluvs2cook in Santa Fe loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!