Fresh Strawberry CakeFrom angelgirl94 7 years ago
- 1 cup butter shopping list
- 1 3/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 5 egg whites shopping list
- 2 teaspoon strawberry extract shopping list
- 2 cups pureed fresh strawberries shopping list
- 1/2 cup sour cream shopping list
- 3 cups cake flour shopping list
- 1 tablespoon baking powder shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- Strawberry Cream Cheese Frosting: shopping list
- 1/4 cup butter-softened shopping list
- 1 8oz package cream cheese-softened shopping list
- 1/4 cup pureed fresh strawberries shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon strawberry extract shopping list
- 6 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Grease and flour three 9" cake pans.
- In a large mixing bowl,beat sugar and butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until fluffy.
- Add strawberry extract,pureed strawberries,and sour cream. Beat until combined.
- In a medium mixing bowl,sift together flour,baking powder,soda,and salt.
- Gradually add to butter mixture,beating until combined.
- Beat egg whites until stiff peaks form. Gently fold into batter.
- Pour batter evenly into prepared pans.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let cool in pans for 10 minutes then turn out onto wire racks.
- Cool completely.
- In a large bowl,beat butter and cream cheese with an electric mixer at medium speed until smooth.
- Add pureed strawberries and strawberry extract beating until combined.
- Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar until smooth.
- Frost cake.
- Garnish with fresh sliced strawberries if desired.
The Cookangelgirl94 Reidsville, NC
The Rating5 people
This sounds wonderful. I bet you could use frozen strawberries in the winter when the "fresh" ones in the store leave a bit to be desired.trackwidow in Fort Atkinson loved it
The pured strawberry is really new in the frosting..I loved it.ahmed1 in Cairo loved it
simply love strawberries!!!!!!!!!!mumtazcatering in Gauteng loved it