Amelias Italian Pork Pita PocketsFrom coffeebean53 9 years ago
- 8 thin boneless pork chops, about 2 ounces each shopping list
- 2 green bell peppers, each cut into 8 lengthwise strips shopping list
- 2 portabello mushrooms, cut into 8 slices shopping list
- 1 large red onion, cut into 8 wedges, separated shopping list
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar shopping list
- 1 tablespoon olive oil shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon italian seasoning shopping list
- 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes shopping list
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed shopping list
- 8 pita pocket bread halves shopping list
- 4 slices (1 ounce each) low-fat, part skim mozzarella cheese, cut in half shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to broil. Coat a large baking pan with cooking spray. Arrange pork chops and vegetables in a single layer on baking pan. In a small bowl, combine vinegar, oil, Italian seasoning, red pepper flakes and fennel seed. Brush mixture on both sides of pork. Broil 5 to 6 inches from heat for about 6 to 10 minutes, or until pork is browned and vegetables are crisp-tender. Remove from oven; divide pork and vegetables among pita pocket breads. Add 1 slice of cheese to each sandwich.
- Makes 8 sandwiches (4 servings).
The Cookcoffeebean53 Charlotte, NC
- Not added to any groups yet!