Semolina Gnocchi a la RomaineFrom vino4dino 6 years ago
How to make it
- 1 Bring milk and half of the butter to a boil in a pot. Season with salt, pepper, and nutmeg.
- 2 Add in the semolina all at once and let it simmer gently for 10 minutes - until the mixture becomes thick.
- 3 Remove from heat and allow to cool for 3 minutes.
- 4 Stir in egg yolk and half of the grated gruyere or Swiss cheese.
- 5 Transfer the mixture to a flat tray lined with silicon or wax paper. Spread flat with a spatula - about half inch thick.
- 6 Allow to cool, then refrigerate for about 20 minutes.
- 7 When mixture has set, use a glass to cut into round patties.
- 8 Arrange the gnocchi in a buttered baking dish, then sprinkle remaining cheese and butter on top.
- 9 Bake in the oven at 400 F (or 210 C) for 10 minutes.
- 10 Serve with tomato sauce on the side.
The Cookvino4dino Baltimore, MD
The Rating3 people
- Not added to any groups yet!