Homemade French FriesFrom smooch 9 years ago
How to make it
- Go ahead & preheat oven to 200 F or 100 C.
- In a large Dutch oven heat oil to 320 F or 150 C.
- Peel potatoes and, EVENLY cut fries into 1/4″ x 1/4″ strips of equal length. Place in a large bowl of cold water as you’re slicing.
- Drain potatoes thoroughly, removing any excess water.
- When oil reaches 320 degrees, submerge the potatoes in the oil. Working in small batches, fry for 2 to 3 minutes until they are pale and floppy. Remove from oil, drain, and cool to room temperature.
- Increase the temperature of the oil to 375 F or 190 C.
- Re-immerse fries and cook until crisp and golden brown, about 2 to 3 minutes. Remove and drain on roasting rack. Season with salt & pepper. Once again this is done is small batches and will need to be kept warm in the oven until all potatoes are fried.
People Who Like This Dish 12
- sallyttt Nowhere, Us
- bigone67 Nowhere, Us
- notyourmomma South St. Petersburg, FL
- greekgirrrl Huntington Village, NY
- momo_55grandma Mountianview, AR
- coolnatty West Jordan, UT
- jenniferbyrdez Kenner, LA
- wynnebaer Dunnellon, Florida
- kayleigh125 Baton Rouge, LA
- cowboycope34 Mantua, AL
- Plus 2 othersFrom around the world!
The Cooksmooch America
The Rating9 people
Love Fries also, great post! got my 5shirleyoma in Cove loved it
Perfect post...The only way to make french fries...:)wynnebaer in Dunnellon loved it
Smooch, you got it going on hon. This is the way to make french fries. Thanks.jenniferbyrdez in kenner loved it