Bacon and egg filo piesFrom foxc 6 years ago
- 4 bacon rashers, chopped shopping list
- 8 sheets filo pastry shopping list
- 100g butter, melted shopping list
- 12 medium eggs (55g each) shopping list
- 2 medium (150g) egg tomatoes, sliced shopping list
- ¾ cup (90g) grated cheddar cheese shopping list
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh chives shopping list
- coarsely ground black pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to moderately hot (200°C). Grease a 12 hole (1/3 cup capacity) muffin pan.
- Cook bacon in heated pan, stirring, about 5 minutes or until brown and crispy; drain on absorbent paper.
- Cut 48 x 10cm squares from pastry sheets. Brush squares with butter place 4 squares over base, extending up sides, of each prepared pan hole. Break eggs into holes, top with tomato, cheese and bacon, bake in moderately hot oven, uncovered, about 15 minutes or until egg is cooked and cheese has melted. Carefully lift pies out of pan.
- Just before serving, sprinkle with chives and pepper.
People Who Like This Dish 10
The Cookfoxc Brisbane, AU
- Not added to any groups yet!